1. Brand Protection :– SOC 2 keeps your brand reputation intact by helping you prevent data breaches.
2. Competitive Advantage :- With so much at stake, more companies are requiring that vendors at risk of data breaches prove that they are properly protected by completing a SOC 2 audit. When pursuing clients that require a SOC 2 report, having one available will give you an advantage over competitors that don’t.
3. Marketing Differentiator :- Though your competitors may claim to be secure, they cannot prove that they are without an audit. Getting a SOC 2 report can differentiate your organization from other companies in the marketplace that have not made a significant investment of time and capital. You can market your adherence to rigorous standards while others cannot.
4. Better Services :- You also will learn how to be more secure—and efficient—by undergoing a SOC 2. You can streamline your processes and controls based on your understanding of the cybersecurity risks that your customers face. This will improve your services.
5. Passing a SOC 2 :-audit gives your company an edge because you can assure customers and prospects that you are taking all of the steps necessary to keep their data safe, thereby protecting from damaging breaches.
6. One of the reasons for SOC 2 certification is that if the client is SOC2 certified then they wanted the company to be SOC2 certified.
7. SOC 2 which has the most in common with ISO27001 although it is important to remember that SOC 2 is a report and ISO27001 is a certification.
8. Auditing requirements for SOC2 Type II would require compulsory 6 months evidence and also Operating Effectiveness is tested to maintaining an effective information security control environment
9. SOC2 Type II report would be the audit of the processes your company puts in place.
10. Protecting against data breaches is not just a defensive strategy. SOC2 report gives the client an assurance that the organization has met established security criteria that ensure that the system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
11. SOC 2 compliance affirms the security of your services and gives your organization the ability to provide clients with evidence from an auditor who has seen your internal controls in place and operating